Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sunset Fisherman

Yet another birthday...I know!  My FIL will be turning 70 on Sunday and what better card than this.  He loves to fish. I used an old stamp set from Stampin' Up called "Summer by the Sea".  For those of you who are familiar with the set, you will know that is is not a silouette stamp set - BUT as I was browsing splitcoast stampers for masculine fishing cards...I came across this  particular card .  I had to try this!  This is an actual photo with an amazing sunset from Oneida Lake.  Oneida Lake sunsets are the best ~ Absolutely BREATH TAKING in the summer.  I stamped my image with Black StazOn ink and then used a sharpie marker to fill it in. 
I then used a thin sharpie and a straight edge for my fishing line and then stamped a fish from the set "on the fly".
I would have loved to have a stamp that said 'Papa' because that what my kids call him but I had to used what I had...The sentiment is from Stampin' Up set "let the fun begin"
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I did.  Go ahead and give this technique a try....I guarantee you'll be printing more pictures!
ENJOY!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

PAPER CRAFT LIBRARY (PLC)