Sunday, October 31, 2010

Is it to early for Xmas gifts?

ADVENT CALENDAR
hello everyone!  Its hard to believe that xmas is right around the corner.  My mind is already gearing up for presents.  I wanted to make an advent calendar.  In doing research on how to make one...I discovered that I couldn't find one ANYWHERE available on the internet....Really....NOT ONE!! The one I particularly had in mind is made from KaiserCraft...it has ax 10x10 window(frame) in the middle and the 24 boxes around it....click here.  This is a kit that you have to assembly your self and then decorate.  The company is from Austrailia and is sold out in the USA.  If you can find one let me know....
So, I was not giving up....I decided to do make my own.  Went on splitcoast to see what everyone else was doing....checked out the resource page and went to town.   Here's my finished project...
The paper I used was from My Mind's Eye called Wonderful Winter.  I cannot tell you how GEORGEOUS this paper is.  The letters/numbers were cut out by using the original sizzix fun serif dies using Stampin Up cherry cobler.  If you look very closely, there are non traditional colors in this project.  Pinks and blues along with reds and greens.  I never thought I would work with pinks / blues for xmas but it was fun.  The whole project took about a day.  Check out the resource page on splitcoaststampers.com and give it a try.                                             

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

PAPER CRAFT LIBRARY (PLC)